Moving? This Is How You Make Your Move Smoother
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
For moving day, the last thing you would like is for anything to not go well. Following are a few suggestions on what you can do early on to ensure your move proceeds as smoothly as possible.
Several Items to Think About on Moving Day to Help It Go Smoother
- Be sure someone will be there: You or perhaps a trusted and responsible adult will need to be present for the duration of the move to sign moving company documents and supervise the move. This helps avoid any mistakes or miscommunication between you and the professional movers in Oklahoma City. The movers will also be grateful for having someone there to answer any questions and provide directions.
- Clear the walkway: Be sure there is an unhindered walkway leading to your front door so that the moving team may simply carry boxes and home furnishings in and out. Additionally, clear away any tripping hazards both inside and outside the house. This can help prevent any trips or issues.
- Go over the residence: Once the professional movers in Oklahoma City arrive, walk around your home with them and indicate any items of special importance or things which shall not be transported on the moving vehicle. If you have any special items you'll transport with in your car on the move, be certain they're packed up and in a secure spot. These items include things such as jewelry, important documents, as well as family treasures. This can help to ensure that these things are safe and sound and that nothing gets left behind. After the professional movers in Oklahoma City are done loading the truck, complete another walkthrough of the residence to ensure all things have been accounted for.
- Formulate a plan: Creating a general plan for where you want to set your items in your new house makes the moving process much smoother. Be sure to label each and every carton with its contents and the room it need to be put in so the movers can easily put all the things in their proper spot. On moving day, you'll want to have a number of essentials on hand, like snacks, drinks, toiletries, and also a change of clothes. Consider gathering up a moving day survival kit. Place these items up in a bag or box to quickly find them once you want them. Also, make sure you are aware what needs to be completed and when. Having a timeline will help keep things moving smoothly.
- Have a plan for kids and pets: In the event you have children and/or domestic animals, it's crucial to create a plan for them for moving day. Make arrangements for someone to keep an eye on them, so they are not in the way of the professional movers in Oklahoma City.
- Talk to your neighbors: In the event you have close neighbors, it is courteous to inform them that there will be a large truck parked on the street and also that there may be some noise and activity over the course of the day. This will help avoid any potential issues or inconvenience.
- Get moving permits: Depending on your town or homeowners' association, you could need a permit to park the moving truck in front of your home. Check with your local authorities to find out if this is the case.
Need Help Getting Started?
Moving day is a busy and sometimes stressful time. However by using these guidelines, you can make the whole thing smoother – both for you and also your movers. A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Oklahoma City is here to assist you each and every step of the way. We're America's leading moving company in Oklahoma City, with nearly five decades of experience moving people smoothly and efficiently. Allow us take some of the stress out of moving day for you – contact us today!
Request a free quote