By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Will you be intending to move in the near future? If you are, you could be overwhelmed, thinking of all the items you will have to pack. However not everything you want to transport to your new house can or should be moved by your professional movers in Oklahoma City
. Quite simply, there are some things that you ought to move on your own. Here are four of the main types of items your moving company in Oklahoma City
can't move, coupled with a few considerations and warnings and how we can assist you.
1. HAZARDOUS ITEMS
For safety reasons, moving companies maintain a list of dangerous things that they cannot move. Chemicals reacting with other materials, such as putting paint thinner and also weed killer collectively on a moving truck may result in a disastrous outcome.
A few of the unsafe goods that should not be moved consist of those, including lighter fluid, gasoline, propane tanks, matches, paints, paint thinners, fireworks, oxygen bottles, house cleaners, pesticide sprays, fertilizers, weed killers, aerosol cans, swimming pool chemicals and also nail polish remover. You'll want to consult with your moving company in Oklahoma City for a full list.
An additional item you ought not put in a moving van is plants. The truth is, there are several states with rules, relating to specific houseplants which may or cannot traverse a state line. Whilst insects as well as mites aren't an issue in a number of regions, they are regarded as being extremely unsafe in other states.
Additionally, a lot of moving companies do not want to haul plants because insects which live in the soil may easily spill into the moving van. Even if the moving company confirms to move your plants, they may not survive, especially when you will be moving a long distance because plants require sun and also water. In the event that you do not have room in your car for the plants, perhaps you should give them away to your friends and neighbors.
3. IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS AND FAMILY HEIRLOOMS
Even if your moving company claims they are able to carry your one of a kind valuables on their moving van, it's still smart to keep your essential paperwork and photos with you. The reason being these are things which can't be readily replaced.
4. PERISHABLE FOODS
Professional movers in Oklahoma City usually pack the majority of canned food for you, but you ought to consider if this is a good idea. Needless to say, perishable food items can't be carried on a moving van. It is a smart idea to donate your perishables along with foods in glass jars as opposed to hauling them with you.
You need to make room in your car for even more valuable things, and you do not want to have to worry about accidents from spills, cracks or mold ahead of getting to your new home. But boxed and/or canned goods, such as spices and dried fruits could be moved. For any questions about which food items that can or can't be moved, consult your moving agent.
· Make plans to carry your pets together with you and talk about any specific needs your furry friend might have with your veterinarian.
· As for alcohol, take into consideration that state laws concerning alcoholic beverages may vary, so it is advisable to not move your alcohol.
· Why not take advantage of grocery store delivery after reaching your new house. You can buy via the internet for foods, paper products, cleaning products along with other necessities.
· You may place your lawn mower on the moving truck, so long as you have drained the gas and oil tanks.
· Consider that it's also unsafe for you to move hazardous things in your car. It's best to simply repurchase them when you arrive at your new residence. To put it differently, don't take the risk of moving them.
To make moving as easy as it can be, get in touch to set up an appointment and learn more about the wide range of professional residential moving and corporate moving services.
Request a free quote