Moving Company Suggestions to Prevent Injuries While Moving
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
- PHYSICALLY PREPARE: Nope, you don't have to do sit-ups or run laps around the block. This hint encourages you to work with professional movers in Oklahoma City. Hiring a moving company allows you to have extra support from professionals, who specialize in packing, lifting, as well as time management. Professional movers in Oklahoma City can carefully pack your house, disassemble furniture, and securely wrap your super delicate belongings. Having local professional movers in Oklahoma City around on your moving day is a good way to sidestep injuries. They can manage all the weighty items, leaving the easier possessions as well as simple clean-up to you.
- HAVE THE PROPER EQUIPMENT: Using the correct moving equipment is usually one of the best practices to not encounter injuries while moving. When speaking with the moving company in Oklahoma City, make sure that they will be bringing equipment that will make the move easier, like an appliance dolly. Not only will this assist the moving team, but the equipment can also save you time, as things will be moved at a faster pace.
- NEVER OVERPACK BOXES: Filling each ounce of your cartons could seem like a good idea, however packing them too heavy makes them harder to pick up, and also puts a strain on the legs, arms, and back. An injury will be hard to avoid if you lift more weight than you can handle. It also makes the task more difficult for everybody who is helping you to complete the move. Pack boxes properly, making sure the weight is evenly distributed, so that your professional movers in Oklahoma City can work quickly and also efficiently on moving day.
- LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS: This is a Moving 101 tip from any professional mover or moving company. 'Lift with your legs, not with your back' is a normal lifting technique and is one of the best ways to circumvent injury to your neck as well as spine. Maintain a wide base of support, placing your feet shoulder-width apart and flat on the ground. Next, bend down into a squat so you are mainly using your legs as you move upward. And, keep your back straight, and don’t forget to breathe as you lift the thing.
- KEEP ALL PATHWAYS AS WELL AS WALKWAYS CLEAR: Even though this may appear like something elementary, many people get injured by tripping over smaller things on moving day. Steer clear of a stubbed toe or perhaps chipped tooth resulting from an avoidable fall by maintaining all walkways free from clutter. Whenever moving bulky items, it can be difficult to see the stuff on the floor that is in front of you. Steer clear of any accidents by thinking about what is the easiest way to walk while moving your items. By putting safety first, you can reduce your chances that you’ll get injured.
Employing a local or long-distance moving company in Oklahoma City with professional movers is a safe bet to save time and also circumvent injuries on moving day. Contact us today for a free quote.
Click below to get started with your Free Estimate.
Request a free quote