Moving to Oklahoma City in the Off Season
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
The off season for moving, October through May, can provide customers with a few advantages and bargains which aren't available throughout the busy season. Not everyone is able to select what time of year they'll be moving, however it helps to be aware of the benefits and drawbacks to off season moving regardless, so that you can be knowledgeable and equipped for what could lie ahead.
Advantages of Off Season Moving
If you get to choose what time of year you will move, there are several factors to choose the off season. The primary benefit of using a moving company in Oklahoma City throughout these months is simply because they may have extra wiggle room in their schedule to provide you increased flexibility. Additional benefits to deciding on the off season involve:
· Potential for swifter deliveries as a result of lesser traffic
· The chance to ask for a particular moving agent or moving crew
· Potential savings and versatile pricing options
· Decreased expense of storage facilities
· Extra attention from movers and moving companies in Oklahoma City
· The least expensive real estate housing market costs of the year
· Greater versatility in scheduling as well as capacity for last-minute modifications
Overall, moving in the off season can save you a significant amount of money. Additionally, moving during your child's winter break may minimize unnecessary educational disturbances. Winter break might provide less days to put together a move nevertheless doing so over the off season could ensure that your kids don't miss classes or extracurricular activities through the school year.
Negatives of Off Season Moving
Although October through May will often provide more affordable prices, more flexibility, as well as better attentiveness from moving company the moving staff, relocating in the off season can also produce some challenges. Weather conditions may cause moving headaches which might not exactly justify the savings. More factors include:
· More mud, dirt, and debris to track inside whilst moving
· Hazardous road conditions and greater importance of safety measures
· Moving plans may overlap with the holidays
· More work to verify utilities at new residence will be ready to go
· The disruption of kids' school years and concerns with transitioning to new environments
· Difficulties selling current house at higher value
If transferring to or from a place which encounters snow regularly, don't forget to take preventative actions for your personal vehicles as well. Installing snow tires and snow chains may prevent your car or truck from losing grip on icy roadways, and also refilling de-icing agents for your windshield will assist you to maintain visibility. Carry a window scraper and ensure that you have a roadside emergency kit in the event unanticipated conditions develop.
The Bottom Line
For anyone who is ready to cope with some of the difficulties that off season moving can bring, it may be an outstanding selection for those people who are looking to reduce costs, have added flexibility, and for more attention from movers and moving companies in Oklahoma City.
How A-1 Freeman Moving Group Can Assist
At A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Oklahoma City, we take pride in our capability to supply outstanding service at an affordable price during the whole year. Whether it is commercial or residential moving, across the street or across the country, we can assist you to move as efficiently as possible. If you are prepared to schedule your free in-home estimate, please contact us today.
Request a free quote