Professional Packing Services: What You Need to Know
We also get lots of questions regarding professional packing and precisely it comprises. You could be wondering "Do I really need help with packing?" and if so, what service do you need, and how can you confirm it? We're here to answer all your essential questions about a professional packing service for your next move to Oklahoma City.
Do You Need Help with Packing?
Packing your house takes a lot of work. Most people require at least a couple months of evenings and weekends to get their belongings boxed, labeled, and ready for the moving company in Oklahoma City. However, not everybody is able to complete their own packing - or finish all their packing when needed. If packing boxes isn’t something you want to do, or if your schedule has no room for packing, it's a good idea to book your packing service early.
People Who Frequently Need a Packing Service
If you think you would require a packing service, do not fret, you won’t be alone. A lof of varied kinds of people (and moves) require professional packing to make certain everything comes together on time, and we are happy to provide that speedy service for your benefit. Following are several very common examples of people who most often need all or some professional packing:
- Those Who Need to Move Quickly
- Parents of Small Children
- Professionals Who Aren’t Able to Take Time Off of Work
- Elderly and Disabled Clients
- People Who Don't Know How to Pack Sensitive Items
- Those Who Have Already Relocated
How Long Does Professional Packing Take?
Packing up a home generally takes between 3 and 12 hours, depending on the size of your house and how many items you possess. As a general rule, you can estimate that it might require about two hours per room in your residence or more for extra-large and extra-cluttered areas. Do not forget the attic, garage, and basement, as well.
The best way to get an accurate estimate on packing your residence is an in-home walkthrough. A quick in-person or video tour of your residence can help the moving company in Oklahoma City to quickly estimate how many hours and people it will take to pack your residence within a couple days.
Total vs Select Packing Services
A total packing service is when professional movers in Oklahoma City pack up your complete home even your kitchen, clothes, toiletries, office – everything. However, you might also ask for a select packing service. A number of people ask the moving company in Oklahoma City only to manage bulky item disassembly and wrapping to be certain it's done right. A few people ask their movers only to pack kitchen items and fragile belongings, because movers know how it's done and will have all the right materials.
Select packing services make it possible to secure the best, most efficient method to get your house packed and moved by splitting the difference between your own time and effort and the rapid expertise of your moving company in Oklahoma City.
What to Expect During Your Professional Packing
If you employ a professional packing service, what can you expect? Professional packing normally takes about one and two days of work, most of the time scheduled back-to-back if the pack runs into a second day. Packers should begin to carefully box all your items based on their location.
- Packing a Room at a Time
- Professional packing typically tackles one room at a time, and each carton is labeled with both the contents and the room of origin. Packers will pack shelf-by-shelf and section-by-section, packing boxes by item category (ex: clothes, shoes, electronics) so that rooms are not too difficult to assemble when you are unpacking.
- Providing Oversight and Consultation
- During the packing process, you need to remain on site to provide oversight and consultations. Packers may ask you about broken things, categories, or what labels to utilize. They may have specific questions about how you want them to pack certain belongings or areas.
- If you can’t be personally present, keep your phone with you to answer questions remotely, and you might need a proxy available in person.
- Expert Packing and Specific Labeling
- One of the greatest advantages of professional packing is that every carton will be a perfect fit. Years of experience and all the right materials mean that your team understands how to pack a box so that it will stack safely in the moving van and unpack in order on arrival. They should also usually label your boxes so you should be able to uncover certain belongings and assemble rooms when you arrive.
- Stacking Boxes in an Out-of-the-Way Location
- The last step is stacking your cartons to prepare for the arrival of the moving van. You can ask the professional movers in Oklahoma City to leave boxes in the areas for which they were packed, or to place everything in the living room for fast, efficient moving truck loading when it’s moving day.
How Do You Make Sure You are Prepared for a Packing?
How do you prepare when professional packers are coming over? You may make the day less stressful and the packing more organized with a bit of prep.
- Finish All Dishes and Laundry
- Make certain you have clean dishes and put away or hanging laundry if you are asking your professional movers in Oklahoma City to pack up the kitchen and also bedrooms.
- Place Items in Their Correct Rooms
- When the home is packed and also unpacked, it is usually done by room. While you may not have to fully tidy up, placing items in their rightful space is a surefire method to ensure they end up in the correct box.
- Eat or Donate Pantry Goods
- Clean out your pantry one way or the other. Task the family to create pantry-emptying meal ideas and donate whatever is left. Except for some spices and dry goods, there's no need to pack and move food items.
- Make a List of Specialty Items
- And lastly, list any things you might be worried about to discuss with your packing team.
Plan Your Professional Packing with A-1 Freeman Moving Group
When you have a big move coming up, you may not have the time or desire to perform all the packing by yourself - and that is OK. Full-service professional movers in Oklahoma City like A-1 Freeman Moving Group provides professional packing services. Call us right away to talk about the packing services your move might need.
Request a free quote