By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving to Oklahoma City
often does not have to be stressful and take you to the fringe of a nervous breakdown. This isn't to say it's a period of Zen in your life, however with some preparation and more backup organizing, your move shall be positive, and you'll continue to be sane.
Here are several more moving problems that can take all the pleasure out of your move, and how to steer clear of them.
Engage A Reputable Moving Company Soon
The moment you are aware of your new address, commence meeting with moving companies. This isn't the time to cheap out by using 1 or 2 guys along with a run down truck--splurge on a professional mover in Oklahoma City. They'll provide you with the following, and you can cross these tasks off your list.
· Well-maintained equipment--moving vans which go through scheduled service (check-ups, tire rotation, brake checks) and are totally road-worthy
· Professional crews that know how to wrap, load, set pieces of furniture inside a moving truck, and reverse the system at your new home.
· An insured staff and equipment--in the event that a mover gets injured, the moving company in Oklahoma City deals with the medical bills
· Professional packing in case you are really bogged down. Should you need a couple of specialty things packed or crated, they can look after that for you, to help you be confident your valuable items will arrive unharmed.
· Ask for a checklist of the things they are unable to by law move--chemicals, plants, and paint are on the list, among others. You wouldn't want to find out at the last minute that your prized bonsai plant will need to remain behind.
· Count on a contract with a written quote.
· Be sure your mover posesses a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) license.
Hire the Crew, Also
All your pals say, of course, they'll help you load the moving van. Which is excellent--if you're moving across town and so they can assist you unload, as well. And, if you're prepared to chance injury, scheduling issues, as well as other small obstacles to your moving day.
Hiring professional movers in Oklahoma City guarantees a team which shows up promptly, has knowledge of what they're doing, can drive the moving van, and you're able to count on to move your possessions properly. They will in addition unload all your stuff and put it in the new residence--and that's well worth the price.
Move That Which You Love and Actually Use
The "if-you-haven't-worn-it-in-six-months-get-rid-of-it" guideline genuinely applies when you're moving. Take into consideration that every single carton you pack and move has some expense linked to it, and that adds up quick when you are looking at many cartons. Remove outdated linens, kitchen gadgets, toys and games, home furniture--everything which you don't utilize, aren't keen on, or have no need for.
There Is A Snowstorm Coming--or a Cyclone
Something even the most prepared in our midst are unable to regulate is the weather condition. Look at the forecast and employ a Plan B in case you happen to be trapped in lousy rain, snow, or gusts of wind. Discuss with the moving company in Oklahoma City a few days in advance if it appears hazardous to pack up and drive and reschedule if you have to. Should you be moving a long distance, book hotel rooms along the way. Your realtor should understand if you cannot be out of the residence on schedule; lousy weather affects everyone, so the new people are not going to be able to get there either. Don't attempt to beat the weather system--they normally win. Moving companies are not going to risk their crews or equipment in unsafe weather; the good news is that it generally passes by in a day or two.
Place the Pets in Daycare
Your pets understand when you are anxious, add to that the disappearing belongings and they can really get upset. Board your household pets the day before the movers arrive and pick them up on your way out of town. Pack their beds, food, water, and playthings for the journey and make them your final chore.
Now buckle up, calm down, and appreciate a disaster-free trip to your new residence.
Request a free quote