Tips for Moving to Oklahoma City in Icy Conditions
1) Time your move logically
Do your very best to plan your move for lower-traffic times of the week. This strategy will help you avoid mishaps on snow-covered highways and cut back time driving back and forth to your moving destination. Generally, Mondays are the top time to drive in the United States while Fridays are classified as the worst.
2) Address your sidewalks and driveways
More than one million individuals are hurt each year due to slipping and falls. During winter months, all these injuries multiply significantly. It is possible to help avoid trips and falls by coating your walkways and driveways with ice melt or a snow melt mat. Before applying salt or a snow melt mat, use a leaf blower to help you blow away all top layers of snow.
3) Stock your moving vehicles with an emergency kit
Putting an urgent care kit within your automobile is a good safety measure, particularly when wintertime weather is expected. The typical vehicle emergency kit generally contains a compact emergency first aid kit, protective gear, plus a modest amount of water and food.
4) Look at your moving vehicles prior to going
Properly looking after your moving vehicles is crucial to ensuring that you reach your new home safely and securely. Before leaving, be sure you double check your fuel, engine oil, along with windshield washer fluid amounts to be positive you have sufficient fluids. In addition, take a look at your tire pressure to make certain your tires are adequately inflated. Over the winter time, it's a good plan for the tires to be 3-5 PSI higher than average to take into account sluggish reaction times.
5) Apply safe winter time operating methods
Whenever operating a moving van on slippery streets, you need to use extreme care. Below are a few ideas to help you carefully traverse the streets to your new house:
• Lower your speed: Almost all vehicle safety agencies refer to speed reduction one of the best methods to steer clear of incidents.
• Do not tailgate: Increasing the space between you and the motor vehicle in front of you to eight to ten seconds can help eliminate crashes
• Don't utilize cruise control: Applying cruise control on slick surfaces may cause your motor vehicle to lose contact with the road
• Keep away from extreme hills: Snowy or icy hills could cause moving vehicles to lose grip and slip backward, resulting in accidents
Naturally, if you've hired professional movers to be of assistance, they will take care of maneuvering the moving van across the snow and icy streets, and you will only need to get yourself and family members to your new home safely.
6) Do not try to move in a winter weather advisory
A mild dusting of snow and isolated sections of ice are one thing. But a wintertime weather alert must be taken seriously. When a winter conditions warning is released near you, don't discount it. Reschedule your move to an alternative day when weather conditions are supposed to improve.
What's the most effective route to moving to Oklahoma City efficiently during icy conditions?
By using the guidelines above, you can help cultivate safer moving conditions. However, the single ideal method to a good move through icy weather conditions is to ask for the expertise of a dependable moving company. The moving professionals with A-1 Freeman Moving Group have aided home owners in addition to companies move to Oklahoma City safely during winter weather for years. Whether you are getting ready for a long-distance move or a nearby one, we will help make certain you and your belongings arrive unharmed at your destination. We encourage you to get in touch today for a free estimate. We look forward to talking with you!
Request a free quote