by Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Congrats, you are the smart person that booked your moving company in Oklahoma City
in plenty of time, walked through your residence along with a moving company
sales rep to ascertain how many moving trucks and workers you need, and successfully packed and labeled your boxes.
So now, did you read the fine print on the contract? In case you didn't look at the whole thing, and many people don't get past the dates and numbers before their eyes glaze over, find it, have a seat, and look at it now. Fill an additional cup of coffee if you wish to, however when you reach the portion concerning what the professional movers in Oklahoma City are unable to have on the moving van, chances are pretty decent that contract is going to have your complete focus.
What You Cannot Transport
Which of these is Prohibited on a moving truck? Are any one of these against the law for the workers to load and carry, or is it just company policy? The answer is a very clear-cut, it depends.
The only thing mentioned above that may go on the moving van will be the lawn mower--if the gas and oil tanks have already been emptied. Indoor plants normally cannot cross state lines--that's a legal issue--and moving companies in Oklahoma City would not like any insects residing in leaves or the soil jumping ship into the moving van itself.
Fireworks are not allowed.
Moving companies won't be in charge of valuables on the moving truck. Your homeowner’s insurance coverage may take care of any material mishaps, but in all likelihood will not replace missing cash. Take it to the bank and recover it once you are settled or take it with you.
What is Unlawful to Move
So, the list of what you can't pack and load really isn't such a bore, in any case. These are a few other items that movers are not going to load, along with the explanations why not.
· Any item that is flammable, corrosive, explosive or combustible and can hypothetically place the lives of the staff and the equipment at risk, is prohibited. So, a mower having an empty gas/oil tank is ok, however an aerosol can of disinfectant isn't.
· Plants--some states have protocols on what indoor plants are able to cross over the state line. Insects and also pests that aren't an issue in some states are massive hazards in others, thus leave your indoor plants for the neighborhood friends or offer them to your pals. Should you be bringing the pots, wash them with bleach before you load them.
· Alcohol--guidelines vary among states. Be safe and have an empty the bar get together prior to when you move.
What Many Company Policies Restrict
Just about every professional mover in Oklahoma City has its own list of forbidden objects, however these are the standard things you can expect to leave behind or carry yourself.
Chemical substances are determined by their capacity to have interaction with other matter and change the structure and substance of that matter. In layman's terms, this shows that when you place anti-freeze and wood stains on the moving van jointly and they happen to interact under force or high temperature, seriously awful things can occur. And if you're thinking that a few bottles of nail polish and remover plus a chemistry set is not going to pack enough of a wallop to change anything, you are incorrect. Therefore Don't pack the subsequent.
· Household Cleaning products
· Paint and Paint Remover--this includes fingernail polish
· Pool chemicals
· Pesticides, Weed Killers, along with Fertilizers
· Aerosol Cans
· Perishable Foodstuff
Don’t forget that grocery delivery is a wonderful thing--buy on the internet and have your cleaning supplies, paper products, and food products delivered soon once you have gotten to your new residence.
When you have any questions concerning some products, check with your moving company in Oklahoma City ahead of moving day, especially if you intend to make other plans for transport or donations.
Click HERE for A-1 Freeman Moving Group’s listing of Non-Transportable Items.
Request a free quote